• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AdQue

AdQue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have a number of large (4MB) external FLV backgrounds that are designed to loop. I have tested using several of the component players that support looping. All have a "duck" when the FLV gets to the end and begins again. I have taken one of these and stripped out all but the minimal code. The "duck" is not as bad but is still very noticiable. Is there a way to eliminate this stop/start "duck"? I have also tried different encoders. The best quality, smallest size seems to be H264.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry

#2 browndrake

browndrake

Advanced Member

• trusted uploaders
  • PipPipPip
  • 3263 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

what is it doing when it goes to loop? you are being censored and the word "duck" is replacing what you are saying.

aaron

#3 AdQue

AdQue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Wow. The "duck" was to have been "duck". Now sure how I did that.

These are FLVs that are built to be continuously looped. It appears that after I receive the "stop" status I then issue the seek(0), the file is being reloaded. Due to the large size (3MB - 4MB), the FLV stops for a brief amount of time and then starts again, producing the "duck". I have been unable to find a way to automatically loop without the stop/start. These FLVs were created using a codec that will not allow them to be embedded. We prefer to to keep these as external files, but would consider embedding if necessary.

We had tested with small FLVs and had no issues. Now that we have the real files, we are seeing the problem.

Thanks for any help.
Terry

#4 AdQue

AdQue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

I was using j-e-r-k (j e r k / J_e_r_k) to indicate the stop/start of the movie. Did not realize this would be censored.

Not knowing if the above was censored or not, the word that was censored was John-Edward-Robert-King (using words for letters).

Sorry for the issue with that.
Thanks,
Terry

#5 browndrake

browndrake

Advanced Member

• trusted uploaders
  • PipPipPip
  • 3263 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

can you provide a link, so that others can see it.

I just dropped a flv into the simple player and it does not seem to j e r k to me.
http://browndrake.ne...eb/flvLoop.html
It is not seamless, but that is due to it not being seamless ie there is the transition from last frame to first frame.

Is yours worse than this?

The flv I used is just over 4mb

good luck

aaron

#6 AdQue

AdQue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply! Your was not too bad. It did have a momentary black screen. I think because there was a complete transition, it helped to hide the stop/stop.

Ours looks worse because it is a continuous loop, i.e. the last frame is seamless going into the first frame. I will build an example and put this on our web site for you to see. I will try to get this done before I leave this afternoon.

Am I correct that the FLV gets reloaded each time?

I had hoped there was a setting or a way to select "continuous loop".

Thanks very much for your help.
Terry

#7 AdQue

AdQue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Aaron,

I have put a sample on our web site:

www.AdQue.com/SWiSHTest/AdQ_FLV_ContinuousD10.swf

This is an FLV that is about 20 seconds long. You will see the stop/start on the movie when the original ends and it is reloaded.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users