4 replies to this topic

#1 sparkygriz

sparkygriz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

I've created a CNN style "ticker" that scrolls continuously across the bottom of the screen. If I let it run continuously, my laptop eventually locks. I can't shut down normally. I have to do a hard reboot (hold down the power button till it shuts down then turn it back on). Anyone else have this issue with exe files produced by Studio?

#2 Jon Herron

Jon Herron

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

SWiSH studio simply packs your .swf file with the flash player into a .exe.
When the .exe is run the .swf file and flash player are unbundled and control is then passed to the flash player to run the .swf file.

It may be that ticker movie is faulty not releasing resources back to the flash player. It could also be an issue / bug with the flash player itself.

As a test try running your .swf file using one of the .exe flash players that are supplied with Max.

Regards,

Jon
For News, tips and tutorials checkout the blog at http://blog.swishzone.com
You can also follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SWiSHzoneDOTcom

#3 sparkygriz

sparkygriz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

You mean just export as an exe from Swishmax? You said "one of the exe players that are supplied with Max". Is there more than one?
What I like about Studio is the ability to produce an exe/flash that has no borders, no title bar, etc.

J

#4 Jon Herron

Jon Herron

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

If you look in the Max4 folder you will see that it comes with multiple players named SWiSHpla_N.exe where n is a number 4..10 corresponding to the flash player version.

You should be able to choose the appropriate player.

Alternatively try double clicking on your .swf to run with the currently associated flash player.

I am not recommending this as a permanent fix, but just as a test to see if it runs OK in a different flash player.

If this test still hangs then it is not a problem with studio.

Are you able to attach your .swi file?

Regards,

Jon
For News, tips and tutorials checkout the blog at http://blog.swishzone.com
You can also follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SWiSHzoneDOTcom

#5 sparkygriz

sparkygriz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

The SwishMAx 4 file is attached. I'm using the most recent build for SM4.
I've been exporting as SWF ver. 6, because when I try SWF 10, the text doesn't display.
The SM file reads a txt file that's one one of our public servers. The idea is that our users would have the news ticker running with the option of expanding and collapsing the flash in the event it gets annoying. We on the other hand would periodically update the txt file with new info, new links, etc.

There may be totally different ways to accomplish this, I'm just doing it the only way I know. In stead of external txt files, I guess we could scroll external swf files, but we may end up with the same issue. I like the exe versus the swf, because I know our user will be able to play it.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Mark, from Texas

Hi,

If you look in the Max4 folder you will see that it comes with multiple players named SWiSHpla_N.exe where n is a number 4..10 corresponding to the flash player version.

You should be able to choose the appropriate player.

Alternatively try double clicking on your .swf to run with the currently associated flash player.

I am not recommending this as a permanent fix, but just as a test to see if it runs OK in a different flash player.

If this test still hangs then it is not a problem with studio.

Are you able to attach your .swi file?

Regards,

Jon

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users