As it says ... [quote]Project 'Broadcast' is an innovation from SWiSHzone.com which broadcasts audio to websites, social networks, desktops apps and mobile devices via the ubiquitous Flash Player. Features include scheduled events, live DJ mixing, interactive messaging and more.[/quote]
You can broadcast anything audio...music, podcasts, speeches, sermons...whatever you want.
You could playback your original tracks for your friends to tune in to your special station.
With your staff, or students, running the desktop player widget, gadget etc. ([url="http://blog.swishzone.com/?p=1971"]see[/url]) it would be otherwise silent until you announced "get back to work!" or similarly motivational comments
You could setup use it to broadcast around various shopping centres and interject with announcements of price cuts and specials. All you need to do is have a PC connected to a local speaker system and you have immediate remote access.
Your weekly sermon could easily be broadcast out to parishioners unable to physically make it to the church. They just need to know the station and the broadcast time which you can inform them via email.
I am sure there are lots of other fun and useful ways you can broadcast.
Broadcast offers some advantages over other ways to broadcast audio content:
* it streams via Flash which can be deployed on pretty much any web connected device (including many phones).
* content can't be captured which protects what you play.
* the listener hears what you have to say when you say it. There is no skipping or selecting tracks, no user control, other than volume (of course)...much like a normal radio station.
* you can interrupt a pre-recorded presentation with live broadcasts (coming soon)
* your listeners can respond with live messages back to you (the DJ!) (coming soon)
So please have a play, give us your feedback and ideas and we'll see how this project develops.
Finally...any report of abuse of broadcast copyright will result in immediate removal of the content.
About Project Broadcast
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users