• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dmae

Dmae

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

I currently am designing a photography site for one of my clients (www.MomentsByJess.com/index_2.html) is the test site. The site includes 4 gallery sections on the gallery page. Currently I can only upload ONE of the gallery89 sections. If I upload all of them to my server, it wants to override each one because they all have the same naming convention. I've tried changing the swi, sbk, and swf names as well as modify the gallery_setup.txt file to reflect the new names of each file but then the new files are loading incorrectly. I've even tried modifying the sprite "gallery" section in the outline of the actual swi file then re-exporting but the results are disasterous. What am I doing wrong? HELP!! :blink:

#2 flaneur

flaneur

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:43 AM

I found myself with the same dilemma and after looking over the forum for a few months, hoping that someone would respond to this question, I took the bull by the horns and found the solution. I post this for all the other newbies: don't be afraid to experiment - SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!
This is what I found after many attempts to resolve this question (multiple uses of the same gallery):
1. Rename all the files in your gallery, ie. gallery89, to something you can identify. Something as simple as Aglallery89, Bgallery89, Cgallery89, etc. This should include the "gallery" folder, index html, swf, and SWiSH.
2. Within SWiSH, go to the setup script and change the name for the "load specs" to match the new name of your swf.
3. Open the html in notepad and change all references to the gallery to the new name (here is where it really comes in hand to simply change the names of your gallery files by simply adding a modifier, i.e. Agallery89, etc.) You can simply use the replace function and change all references at one time.
4. Open the gallery folder/gallery_setup and change the image references to match your new gallery name (here you would replace all references to gallery/image_1 and gallery/tn_image_1, et al, to agallery/image_1 and agallery/tn_image1). Again simply use the replace function in notepad.
Now TEST to make sure that the gallery works.
From this point you can tweak the gallery where you need. Once you are satisified, upload the Agallery folder, Aindex, and Agallery89 swf to your site.
If you rename all your files and references to match, you should be able to run as many instance of the same gallery89 (or any of the other gallery templates) without any problems. The key is to be consistent with renaming the files and changing ALL references to the files.
Hope this helps
SWiSH, SWiSH

#3 Wolf Gross

Wolf Gross

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 24263 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

...instead of re-naming all files - why not just placing the different galleries into differtent folders?

wolf
footer.gif

#4 flaneur

flaneur

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

May be you know something I don't but this did not work for me; logically you would still have to direct all references to the new folder. I could never get it to work that way (using multiple instances). And then there is the problem of adding multiple index.html pages and including them in navigation structures. This seemed to be a better way for my site plans. I appreciate your input.

#5 Wolf Gross

Wolf Gross

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 24263 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

of adding multiple index.html pages

...no - you don't need multiple index pages - you can have several galleries on one page just by changing to path to the gallery89.swf - eg...

<object
classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macr...rsion=8,0,22,0"
id="gallery89"
width="820" height="600"
>
<param name="movie" value="gallery1/gallery89.swf">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#777777">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="samedomain">
<embed
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"