#1 HughB

HughB

COO

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3979 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

I made this topic so testers can post their best examples to show off what you can do with Max2.

thanks for your contributions!

H
http://blog.swishzone.com/ ...for cool tutorials, samples and new components

#2 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

And the show begins!!

Iíd like to post one of the first component packs. Users will be able to both use the components as well as learn from them I hope. They are relatively basic in design but have come in quite handy for myself...

This set will put a healthy group of Flash filters just a drag and drop away :) Be sure to look at the structure of the components in the "author component" dialog to get an idea of how to put together some basic working components for yourself, these are intentionally uncomplicated for that reason.

http://www.swishblad..._Components.zip

View a quick tutorial on how to use them here.

http://www.swishblad...he_Filters.html
SWiSHMax Video Tutorials and Training .::. Blade Multimedia
Facilitating the transfer of Ideas, Information, and Emotion via interactive Rich Media experiences..

#3 Damien Skracic

Damien Skracic

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4479 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Anthony, that's pretty cool.

#4 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

No, Thank you and the rest of the team ;)

Here's "beta" mini mp3 component/player.

Iím posting this one as an open project file as opposed to part of installation package so users can get a look at what a component set up might look like "prior" to it landing in the components folder. To use it as a component just place it in the components directory of the SwishMax installation folder. i.e. C:\Program Files\SWiSHmax2test\components

It might be worth pointing out as well that in the script panel you will notice there are no semicolons in the script at all thanks to the new "virtual semicolon" feature thatís part of the new script editor (one of those little things that could be easily overlooked or go unnoticed).

Also for those who take a first look at components be sure to open the parameters window to access and edit the components settings ("windows menu/parameters" or "Ctrl+shift+F3".

To edit a components script you want to access the "Author component" dialog by right clicking the movie clip and selecting it from the context menu, or right click the title of the properties panel with the movie clip selected, or select the movie clip and access the dialog from the modify menu.. You'll find plenty on authoring components in the help file. But I figure some might want to just get right in and take a look.

Attached Files

Facilitating the transfer of Ideas, Information, and Emotion via interactive Rich Media experiences..

#5 ancientdust

ancientdust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Feng Shui, Playing Guitar, Music, Actionscript, Graphics, Surfing the web, Tai Chi, Meditation, Watching Movies, Sci Fi, Comedies, Sleep, Relax...

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

cool man...i was just working an mp3 player for the web and for local with max 1 and studio 2...
http://www.orizens.com/music

interesting how can i upgrade it with max 2...

#6 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

The new ďToggle outline viewĒ option in the outline panel and on the timeline helps in a number of areas but one area I've found it to be very helpful with is in doing some manual tweening.

This is just a corner page curl. Hit play and mouse over the bottom right corner of the rectangle..

*edit
Hi Ancient, that all depends on the gutts of your player, but im certain that if you were to open it in max 2 and once your comfortable will all the new max 2 features youíd probably find a number of ways to streamline it. But for starters you wonít have to test it in the player anymore, generally speaking if it works in the flash player it will work onstage ;) (provided your not using any kind of server side scripting) and while thatís not specific to your player that alone is a huge improvement on workflow. So if you were to do it over in SM2 itís likely you could do it a lot faster J

Attached Files

#7 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

Using the new bitmap image effects in combination with good ol fashioned timeline effects. =)

Hit play.

Attached Files

#8 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

This one can actually be done in swishmax1 but you might notice the fact that wavforms now display on the timeline, which helps with soundtrack timing considerably. Plus this ones just kinda cool. Make sure your speakers arent to loud when you hit play... bit CPU hungry too.

Attached Files

#9 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

"FILTERS" are viewable "on stage"... (I love the fact that everythings works onstage can ya tell ;) and when combined with timeline effects the eye candy is gorgeous =)

Again hit play....

Attached Files

#10 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Instances added to stage from the new library...

Attached Files

#11 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

Instances of nested instances if that makes sence heh..

in short there are many instances of the library item named "walker" inside the library item named "themovie", and then there are a number of instances of "themovie" onstage.. a sort of multilayer recycling of library items if you will..

Attached Files

#12 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

I quick illustration of the ability to include external scripts at compile time..

Open swi and you'll notice there is no script in the movie aside from the include statement. For those unfamiliar with #include the script is being "included" at compile time by being read from the "rotate.ss" file..

Attached Files

#13 Damien Skracic

Damien Skracic

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4479 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Wow, some awesome stuff there Anthony. The Explosion one reminds me of Red Dwarf! :D

#14 Anthony Rocha

Anthony Rocha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1969 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

heh, Thanks Damien.

Ancientdust this is a max 2 mp3 player....

Sorry im not willing to part with the source code for this one at this point.. its still a touch buggy and has areas that need work.. But I will say that designing this in SM2 was an absolute pleasure with all the new workflow enhancements....

And I suppose I should get a bit of sleep at this point or this thread could become a hundred posts long... ;)

http://www.blademult...c_PlayList.html

#15 ancientdust

ancientdust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Feng Shui, Playing Guitar, Music, Actionscript, Graphics, Surfing the web, Tai Chi, Meditation, Watching Movies, Sci Fi, Comedies, Sleep, Relax...

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

wow...blade...your mp3 looks really good..
I've just noticed that the current mp3 player in my page is not the newest i have..
I also worked for a desktop version of it with studio...
Interesting - the idea of the mp3 is same with mine (dynamic xml list, php file that reads the folder and so :) )..
I will dig more into those components u've made (filters which are very much usable..)
I have one i want to convert to a component - the scale9grid component i created for max1...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users