• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DDC

DDC

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hello. I am in the beginning stages of working with this site for our company. I have removed the Swishmax software and reinstalled it thinking it could possibly be because of the v9 conflict. I also downloaded the patch since I am working with an input field on this page as well (not completely working yet). None of these things fixes this.

If you go to the site (which, I've only really gotten to section 1 of this site so far and am stuck there),the initial load, loads in a blank square, however, if you go to another tab, then go back to "home," the page then loads in correctly. So, I was thinking there must be something in the onLoad function or something from the "main" page. I compared it to the unedited version, and all the scripts and such are fine.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

here is the test stie:
www.trodnossel.com/testsite/main.html (only the main and section 1 swf's are uploaded to the server).

Oh yea, and this all works fine when I play the swi file in the program, so I'm confused.

Darlene

#2 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:59 AM

Hi,
Your link does not work for me...'404 - page cannot be found'

I am not sure the patch tool is the answer.

But it can do no harm to apply it to every SWF file in your UPLOAD folder and then re-upload to your server, clearing your browser cache, and being aware that your ISP may also be caching the SWF files for a short time.

If you leave the Test Mode checkbox checked, you will see what actions would occur if you were to run the tool again without 'Test Mode' checked.

however, as I said, I do not think that is the cause of the problem, and I will get the SWiSHsite team to take a look. it might be a problem with the preloader and movies not completely loading before a user clicks a menu choice.

It will be a bit easier to tell once I can actually see your site online.

davidp

I see you fixed the link :)

davidp

http://blog.swishzone.com/ ...for cool tutorials, samples and new components

#3 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

Hi,
where is your preloader??

What happened to index.html and the SWF movie embedded there? That is what loads the movies in the site.

davidp

#4 DDC

DDC

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

Hi,
where is your preloader??

What happened to index.html and the SWF movie embedded there? That is what loads the movies in the site.

davidp

Wow thanks for such a quick response. I can upload that if you think that is affecting it. I'll try that - give me a minute. Thanks.

~d~

#5 DDC

DDC

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

Wow thanks for such a quick response. I can upload that if you think that is affecting it. I'll try that - give me a minute. Thanks.

~d~

Thanks. It seems to be working. Is it working ok on your end?

www.trodnossel.com/testsite/index.html

~d~

#6 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

I am fairly confident that that is the problem. This is what it says about preloader.swi in the Help file.

preloader.swi
This movie will preload movies section1.swf thru section6.swf so that (ideally) they will be ready when called for.

...so if it is missing, the SWF movies will most likely not be ready for use when the site is first launched.

davidp

#7 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:13 AM

Yes, congratulations :) it is working fine for me now.

Davidp

#8 earthman

earthman

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaur hunting

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

When I first looked at this the initial content area was blank, but after I clicked one of the other sections it seemed fine. Has this been resolved?

edit: Just tried it again after clearing cache and it came up blank again. Also, the sound seems stuttery on this particular template. I noticed this in the SwishSites example as well.
::::::::::::::::::: earthcity websystems :::::::::::::::::::

#9 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

I haven't looked at the demo on the website, but DDC's problem was resolved.

davidp

#10 Krazza

Krazza

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Yes, congratulations :) it is working fine for me now.

Davidp

I am encountering this same "blank" front page issue when loading.

Was there a solution to the template as its seems that it keeps coming back to that.

BTW im not missing any files that were in the original template d/l on my server.

Also the preloader box is "freezing" on the left of the opening page. Then remains there when navigating the site.

#11 Wolf Gross

Wolf Gross

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 24236 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

...can you provide an URL?

wolf
footer.gif

#12 David Petley

David Petley

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 7111 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

There has been a build update to this site. It is now build 2007.05.04

If you have a licence for this site, and have been experiencing problems, please download and unlock this latest build. It should address any loading problems that users are having with the previous release.

http://www.swishzone...Swishsite76.exe

davidp

#13 Krazza

Krazza

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

There has been a build update to this site. It is now build 2007.05.04

If you have a licence for this site, and have been experiencing problems, please download and unlock this latest build. It should address any loading problems that users are having with the previous release.

davidp

Thanks, have d/l the new build. And started work again..!!

Cheers

#14 ltbc

ltbc

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

I'm having a similar problem. I'm getting a pop up window after I click on "enter" from the index page, and then just blank. I had to re-route the hyperlink to UPLOAD/mainmenu.html for the page to load once published...but it takes about three minutes to load! What am I doing wrong? The preloader.swi and preloader sbk files are in the regular files, and the preloader.swf file is under the UPLOAD file, so I don't think that's the problem. I just got this template a couple of weeks ago, so I'm thinking I probably have the latest build, but I'm downloading it just in case on this thread. does it always take forever for the mainmenu to load up when a visitor first looks at the site?

Thanks,

Jessica

#15 Wolf Gross

Wolf Gross

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 24236 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

...can you provide a link?

wolf
footer.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic