13 replies to this topic

#1 xeerex

xeerex

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:21 AM

Hey everyone,

I've read the help file, but is there an easy way to modify the nav buttons (.swi files) for SwishPix? Here is a screenshot of what I'm trying to modify.

Posted Image

Any and all help is appreciated.

#2 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computing, Web Design, Digital Imaging, Reading, Motor Sport

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:40 AM

Yes, you need to download SWiSHpix AC.

You can then open these files from an existing theme and modify them to suit your own needs.

Peter.
peterg,
SWiSH, SWiSH, SWiSH, SWiSH.....SWiSHing!! :)

#3 xeerex

xeerex

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the help. Now the obvious question - Is there a tutorial on how to do this? And the next question - does anyone have pre-made templates for download or sale?

#4 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computing, Web Design, Digital Imaging, Reading, Motor Sport

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:58 AM

What is it that you are trying to do?

Maybe I can help you to do this.

Peter.
peterg,

#5 xeerex

xeerex

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

What is it that you are trying to do?

Maybe I can help you to do this.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

All I need is a different button that takes you back to the thumbnails page (see my screenshot in my first post). Either a tutorial on how to do this in Swish - I have SwishMax - or posting some .swi files to use as buttons would be cool.

#6 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

Open AC and select File> Open and navigate to the theme that you are using and double click on the theme folder.

Look for the folder marked Buttons and double click on this.

I think that you will need to modify both Index and Title files, so to start with, click on PhotoButtonxxx and then click the Open button on the bottom right of the pane.

Now, in the Outline Panel on the left of the screen click on the Index sprite and then click on the + sign to the left of the sprite.

The first thing I normally do is click on the Sprite Tab in the right hand panel, then underneath the word BACKGROUND I tick the box for Single Colour and the select a dark grey colour as the backfround, as I find it easier to work without the very light checker background.

I do this for each sprite I work with from now on.

Under (within) the Index sprite you will find three sprites, one for each state of the button.

Click on the Enabled sprite and you will see the 6 rectangle that make the current image.

Decide what you want this image to look like and work from there. In my example, I have select ovals so you can see the differences easy.

Place your new images (ovals here) over the old images. Click on the old image and then click on the Transform Tab in the Right hand panel.

Make a note of the x and y settings and the anchor point position.

Now click on your new images and set the anchor point and the x and y settings as per the old image.

Once you have done this, delete the old image - I recommend that you do this one at a time and delete the old images one at a time.

Repeat this procedure as required (I did it 6 times, as I replaced all 6 rectangel with ovals).

Now select File> Save As and save this as a new filename (Do Not Select Save and Do Not Save As The Original File Name).

Now you can make any adjustments etc to the images/file and when finished, save the file.

Now, I have found that the easiest way to complete the change is to Select All the shapes (click on the top shape in the enabled sprite, press the shift button on your keyboard and keep it pressed down, now click on the bottom shape in the enabled sprite and they will all be highlighted/selected) and then Right Click and select Copy Object.

Now click in the Over sprite and press the + sign to the left of the sprite.

Right Click and select Paste Object.

You now have your new shapes/images over the old ones in this sprite.

Once again, click on the old image and then click on the Transform Tab in the Right hand panel.

Click on your new images and set the anchor point and the x and y settings as per the old image.

Once you have done this, delete the old image - I recommend that you do this one at a time and delete the old images one at a time.

Repeat this procedure as required (I did it 6 times, as I replaced all 6 rectangel with ovals).

Now select File> Save and save this file (it will have the new file name that you gave it earlier on).

Right, now we make the changes to distinguis these images from the enabled images - and here it is just up to your imagination/artistic flair etc.

I selected all the images and then clicked on the Shape Tab in the right hand panel.

I then selected a new colour and gave it 80% transparency, which meant that I changed all 6 images at one go :)

Now select File> Save and save this file (it will have the new file name that you gave it earlier on).

Once again, select All the shapes (click on the top shape in the enabled sprite, press the shift button on your keyboard and keep it pressed down, now click on the bottom shape in the enabled sprite and they will all be highlighted/selected) and then Right Click and select Copy Object.

Now click in the Disabled sprite and press the + sign to the left of the sprite.

You now have your new shapes/images over the old ones in this sprite.

Once again, click on the old image and then click on the Transform Tab in the Right hand panel.

Click on your new images and set the anchor point and the x and y settings as per the old image.

Right, now we make the changes to distinguis these images from the enabled images - and here it is just up to your imagination/artistic flair etc.

I selected all the images and then clicked on the Shape Tab in the right hand panel.

I then selected a new colour and gave it 100% transparency (remember, we copied from the last sprite, where we had given the images an 80% transparency), which meant that I changed all 6 images at one go :)

You now have your new image :)

You can now either repeat this procedure for the TitleButton or you can do what I do, which is this:

Click on the main Scene 1 scene at the top of the Outline Panel tree.

Now click on the Index Sprite (do not click on the + sign).

Right Click and select Copy Object.

From the top tool bar, click on File> Open and select TitleButtonxxx.swi and then click the Open Button on the bottom right of the pane.

The TitleButtonxxx swi file is now open on your screen and in the Outline Panel, Scene 1 is highlighted.

You will see that you now have two Index sprites, one at the top and one at the bottom of the 'tree'.

Click on the Index sprite at the bottom of the tree and delete this.

Drag the new index sprite to the bottom of the tree.

Now select File> Save As and save this as a new filename (Do Not Select Save and Do Not Save As The Original File Name). I would suggest that you save this as a similar name to the first file, so that you can match them as a pair.

Close AC.

Open Windows Explores and navigate to C:\Program Files\SWiSHpixTC\Gallery\Themes\the theme you changed\Button (where C:\ is your root directory and 'the theme you changed' is the name of the theme you made the changes in).

Make sure that you can see the two new files you have just created.

If you can, all well and good and you can close explorer.

If you cannot find the files you just made, check the other themes or use the search facility. When you have located them, make a note of the theme they are in. (I say to do this, as it is not unusual to think you have made changes to one theme, when in fact the changes were made to another - i.e. simple green and not simple light green etc).

We are almost there :)

Now you have to open TC and select the 'Create a new theme' button.

In the new pane, type in the theme name you want to use in the top box.

Under Create this theme based on - click in the Existing theme box and then select the theme you have just modified the buttons for and press ok.

By default the Title page is selected, so in the Right hand panel underneath the Page Text Album tabs you will see the words Navigation Button and underneath this and to the right you will see a button with an S on it.

Click/Press the S button. This selects all the buttons in the theme folder, so yours are now included for selection.

Now click on the button that says TitleButtonxxx.swi and from the drop down menu select your own new button.

You should see your button on the page now.

Click on the White Box in the Left hand panel that has Page 1 underneath it.

In the Right hand panel underneath the Page Text Album tabs you will see the words Navigation Button and underneath this and to the right you will see a button with an S on it.

Click/Press the S button. This selects all the buttons in the theme folder, so yours are now included for selection.

Now click on the button that says PhotoButtonxxx.swi and from the drop down menu select your own new button.

You should see your button on the page now.

From the top tool bar select File> Save theme and save the file.

From the top tool bar select File> Bundle theme and then from the new window navigate to the SWiSHpix folder where the themes are saved (mine is in C:\Program Files\SWiSHpix\Gallery\Themes), and save the theme.

Exit TC.

Open SWiSHpix and select Open, to open an existing album if you have one, or new if you don't have an album made already.

If you had an album already to select and open, then clcik on Tab 3 Album.

Select your newly made album theme.

Create your new album.

If you did not have an album already made, then import a couple of pictures to make a new album and then select your newly made album theme.

Create your new album.

I hope this helps.

Peter.
peterg,

#7 xeerex

xeerex

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

:o

Thanks for the tutorial! I'll give it a shot here in the next day or 2. If there is anything I can do to ever help you out, just let me know!

#8 Terrance Ragland

Terrance Ragland

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:30 AM

I'm sorry to ask, but what does AC stand for and where can I get it?
This mind intentionally left blank.

#9 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:31 AM

Sorry for the delay - I have not been too well.

AC stands for Artwork Creator and if you still need AC, then you can find it here = http://www.swishzone...p;tab=downloads

Peter.
peterg,

#10 Terrance Ragland

Terrance Ragland

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

Sorry for the delay - I have not been too well.

AC stands for Artwork Creator and if you still need AC, then you can find it here = http://www.swishzone...p;tab=downloads

Peter.

Thanks
This mind intentionally left blank.

#11 ssjogus

ssjogus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:51 PM

hi!

i have now swish px and swishpix ac too. i tried opening a theme in this software, but the valid extension it is showing as .swi and the themes have an extension .swm.

what is wrong with it?

shruti. <_<

#12 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

Hi, you need to download SWiSHpics TC to open/modify a theme.

Peter.
peterg,

#13 ssjogus

ssjogus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

ok i have now AC and TC both.

The AC is giving me problem, it is just not importing .swf files. that is bad!!

shruti.

#14 peterg

peterg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5563 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:34 AM

AC opens the .swi files that go to form the navigation etc of the themes.

It does not open swf files.

Perhaps if you started a new thread and explained what you are trying to do, someone will be able to help you.

Peter.
peterg,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users