Photo

We Need Your Feedback!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:32 AM

First off...nice tool indeed!! Oh man this is going to be soooo COOL (and useful)! :D

Second will the "S" in the upper left corner (links to SWISH Site) still be there in the final or is this just for BETA purposes? I prefer it not be there or better yet link to any URL I want it to link to instead (including none). One other thing about it...maybe let us use any graphic instead of the "S".

Will it be possible to control the start times of the preview and slide-show? It takes a bit too long for me personally.

Are you planning to add some additional effects instead of the dissolve only transitions currently included?

Lastly...whew...is there a way to add this to a web site?

Again...thank you for your tireless efforts to bring us easy to use Flash tools my friend!!! Thank you!

#17 Bob Orsillo

Bob Orsillo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 02:09 PM

Gus -

I do believe i am becoming spoiled! Looking for to the next build!

Bob

#18 humphrey22

humphrey22

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:51 AM

Ok. Forget the "add this this web site" comment...ooops.

As far as transitions go I was referring to adding Flash-like "blinds", pic as a transparent background, etc.

Thanks!

#19 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:31 AM

Second will the "S" in the upper left corner (links to SWISH Site) still be there in the final or is this just for BETA purposes? I prefer it not be there or better yet link to any URL I want it to link to instead (including none). One other thing about it...maybe let us use any graphic instead of the "S".

The "S" will dissapear when SWiSHpix is released :D Dont worry.

Will it be possible to control the start times of the preview and slide-show?
Are you planning to add some additional effects instead of the dissolve only transitions currently included?

Actually all of this is decided in a theme.
You can change it by editing the type and duration of an effect using SWiSHpixTC. We decided to put this control inside SWISHpixTC to make SWiSHpix user's life easier so what they need is simply just choosing theme.

I do believe i am becoming spoiled! Looking for to the next build!

Please dont feel that way :) what you want could be what hundreds other user want too :) So all your feedback and request are very much appreciated.

As far as transitions go I was referring to adding Flash-like "blinds", pic as a transparent background, etc

I am sorry, we dont have this type of transition yet. Basically all transition effect in SWiSHpix are all transition effect available in SWiSH 2.0.
But we will look into adding this type of effects in the future.

#20 Bob Orsillo

Bob Orsillo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:18 AM

Just downloaded 24, looking good. however now i getting a strange problem. But only when i access the finsihed slide show in a certain way.

When it gets to image #4 the slide show, hangs (sometimes at image #3 but not often)- all the buttons are no longer active (swish logo is). This happens both on the test view and when saving swf/html to disk.

When i set quality to 5 all works as it should, below five the above problem.

Also checked with all the different sizes - same results.

#21 WebGuyCraig

WebGuyCraig

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 09:10 AM

Greets SWiSH peeps! Been a fan and user of Swish for years (just upgraded to SwishMAX and I'm digging it immensely), so naturally I decided to check out SwishPix. Well... lemmie just say that as a sw developer myself, I know all too well the importance of Beta Testing and user feedback, so here I am. :D

First of all, very nice "layman" level interface. I think laying it out in steps like that will help the DIY amateurs out immensely. Not too sure why Steps 1 and 2 (and step 4 for that matter) weren't consolidated since they all have some sort of editing capability, but I understand that this is a product aimed for the lowest common denominator user and not just developers. ;)

However... when I tried to publish an album of pics { http://www.Black-Label.com/pups/ } the navigation doesn't seem to be working right (i.e., after clicking on a pic, the nav arrows don't work at all), and the automatic page transition doesn't work either once you've clicked on a particular picture to view it. At first I assumed that perhaps it was just a condition of the Beta trial version, but I guess that's not the case. :(

Other than that, my only other beefs are (at this time): 1. The mirror blur and other special efx cause the transitions to slow to a crawl (and I'm on a frickin' T1 here at work), and 2. The saved files are in .SWA format and therefore cannot be opened/edited by SwishMAX for fine-tuning and/or fixing. Hello? I know the two programs are apples & oranges, but c'mon... surely you folks are striving to make your products more interfacial a'la the Macromedia line? Anyhoo, I hope that future releases of your flagship product (Max) will have the ability to tweak any given Swish-produced file.

I'll have more feedback as I delve into this thing a little deeper, but I wholeheartedly concur with "Roo" in that the templates, for now, are a tad too binky-boinky-froo-froo for the kinda stuff I wanna do. Granted, I'll probably create most of my own anyway, but I just thought I'd second that emotion.

#22 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 01:23 PM

1. The mirror blur and other special efx cause the transitions to slow to a crawl (and I'm on a frickin' T1 here at work),

I dont quite understand this problem. The mirror blur effect obviously causing much slower rendering but not slow downloads. So whether you are on T1 or 56kbps, it shouldnt matter. What matter is your CPU speed.

However... when I tried to publish an album of pics { http://www.Black-Label.com/pups/ } the navigation doesn't seem to be working right (i.e., after clicking on a pic, the nav arrows don't work at all), and the automatic page transition doesn't work either once you've clicked on a particular picture to view it. At first I assumed that perhaps it was just a condition of the Beta trial version, but I guess that's not the case. 

Please note that the exported album has a stream structure. When the next photo is not yet downloaded, clicking on next button wont do anything. Can you please clarify this? I couldnt reproduce this problem.

The saved files are in .SWA format and therefore cannot be opened/edited by SwishMAX for fine-tuning and/or fixing.

At the moment there is no plan to make the .SWA file editable in SWiSH. The reason being, the two product are based on different version of code base which wont read each other file format. To maintain the compatibility it takes too much time and effort.

Thanks for the feedback.

#23 WebGuyCraig

WebGuyCraig

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:11 AM

I dont quite understand this problem. The mirror blur effect obviously causing much slower rendering but not slow downloads. So whether you are on T1 or 56kbps, it shouldnt matter. What matter is your CPU speed.

Granted, my computer's CPU here at work is certainly lacking in that dept, but considering that when previewing approx. 6 to 8 SwishPIX thumbnails at once, putting a processing-intensive effect like Mirror Blur on ALL of the thumbs at the same time (when you click the 'Next' arrow) is gonna bog down almost anybody's PC, yanno? Just a quirk with the "Pets" template I suppose--no biggie, really.

Please note that the exported album has a stream structure. When the next photo is not yet downloaded, clicking on next button wont do anything. Can you please clarify this? I couldnt reproduce this problem.

You mean to say you checked out the Pix photo album on my site, clicked on any given photo, and then it continued to transition between pics as usual? And that the Nav arrows worked? If so, then do please tell me why it works for you and NOT for me?

And if it is a "streaming" issue, then why isn't there a built-in "Loading..." indicator for the user who will be sitting there P.O.'d because nothing is happening?

For anyone to reproduce the problem, all you have to do is simply click on this link.....{ http://www.black-label.com/pups/ }.....and then when the thumbs appear, just click on any given pic and see if it continues to automatically transition between the pics, much less allow you to click on any of the navigation icons (Incl. the 'Index' icon I might add).

I've tried exporting out with different options enabled/disabled and different quality settings, but I still get the same lame results. The only thing that I'm altering outside of SwishPIX is the HTML filename from 'kaya___zakk.html' to 'index.html' (for easier access), but I don't see why that should matter in regards to the .SWF's functionality?

Please advise, for I'd really like to take this product seriously, only at this time I cannot.
:huh:

#24 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:32 AM

Granted, my computer's CPU here at work is certainly lacking in that dept, but considering that when previewing approx. 6 to 8 SwishPIX thumbnails at once, putting a processing-intensive effect like Mirror Blur on ALL of the thumbs at the same time (when you click the 'Next' arrow) is gonna bog down almost anybody's PC, yanno? Just a quirk with the "Pets" template I suppose--no biggie, really

We will see what we can do there. Either reducing the amount of blur or changing it to use other effect.

And if it is a "streaming" issue, then why isn't there a built-in "Loading..." indicator for the user who will be sitting there P.O.'d because nothing is happening?

The preloader is available on the next build (should be sometimes today). You can decide to use/not use preloader

For anyone to reproduce the problem, all you have to do is simply click on this link.....{ http://www.black-label.com/pups/ }.....and then when the thumbs appear, just click on any given pic and see if it continues to automatically transition between the pics, much less allow you to click on any of the navigation icons (Incl. the 'Index' icon I might add).

I can reproduce this problem now. As long as I click the thumbnail before the loading is finish. This is also fixed on the next build.

Thanks for the great feedback!

#25 Guest_Flash Beginner!!_*

Guest_Flash Beginner!!_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:07 AM

Just a few possible upgrades that I thought of after one use!

1) volume and on/off control for the music

2) An option in the publishing stage that allows each full-size picture (ie not in the index) to be a link to a designated folder containing that picture.

3) I noticed that the preloader seemed to have a small bug. It stays on 0% about 20 to 40% of the preload time. You could also add other preloader templates to select from.

4) I know that you want to advertise your company but I think that it would be nice to remove the swish logo with link

5) Perhaps make that an option that also allows the user to replace your logo with their logo and link to their homepage.

Otherwise this is an excellent software and overall great idea. I found it extremely easy to use and hope to see upcoming versions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but how much do you thin the first release version will run?

Thanks for allowing use to make suggestions :D

Cheers,

#26 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:20 AM

1) volume and on/off control for the music

good idea. will put it into our wishlist :)

2) An option in the publishing stage that allows each full-size picture (ie not in the index) to be a link to a designated folder containing that picture.

do you mean when the is album playing you can click on a photo to open windows explorer to view a folder??

3) I noticed that the preloader seemed to have a small bug. It stays on 0% about 20 to 40% of the preload time. You could also add other preloader templates to select from.

If you have a music in your album, this will happen. As our preloader measure number of frame downloaded. And music (can be 3-5MB depending on your mp3 size) reside in 1 frame.

4) I know that you want to advertise your company but I think that it would be nice to remove the swish logo with link

the logo will go away when the software is released :D

Otherwise this is an excellent software and overall great idea. I found it extremely easy to use and hope to see upcoming versions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but how much do you thin the first release version will run?

we have not finalized this yet :D so stay tuned.

#27 Guest_Flash Beginner!!_*

Guest_Flash Beginner!!_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:34 AM

do you mean when the is album playing you can click on a photo to open windows explorer to view a folder??

No I merely wanted to have each picture be a hyperlink to the actual full resolution picture. For example, there would be a radio button (in the publishing stage) that allows you to specify the URL of a picture. So the hyperlink for each photo would look link this:
http://mydomain.com/...me/myPixFolder/

or a folder relative to the SampleAlbum.html and SampleAlbum.swf like:

/myPixFolder

Then the swishpix flash would open a default browser to the address of the picture selected:

http://mydomain.com/...der/pixofMe.jpg
or
myPixFolder/pixofMe.jpg

It would also be nice if the slideshow would pause automatically. I hope that clears my suggestion up. I didn't mean to be so brief. I really appreciate you taking all of our suggestions into consideration.

Thanks and happy progamming!!

#28 Bob Orsillo

Bob Orsillo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:07 AM

downloaded the newest beta this morning - excellent, no problems - at it sits now it would do the job i need - the simple templates are the best for what i want - and editing was easy enough.

The only thing i have not done yet is load them via java from my web site - but that seems to work just fine in the few tests i have made.

The following is really more for a wish list i think - but here goes -

Something that would be very useful, who be an easy way to have selectable text. That the viewer can cut and past. For example often newspapers or writers will grab info about me from my web pages.

The ablility to make "text" slides on the fly. For example the ability to insert a text between slides - rather than have the overhead of using a image file with text - know what i mean.

The only other suggestions i can make at this point, others already have -

like a pause button.
on - off for music or voice.
It would be fun to have a selection of "loaders" to pick from (if your not busy :D )

Thats it for now and thanks!

#29 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 09:56 AM

Something that would be very useful, who be an easy way to have selectable text. That the viewer can cut and past.

good idea.

The ablility to make "text" slides on the fly. For example the ability to insert a text between slides - rather than have the overhead of using a image file with text - know what i mean.

very good idea. this is usefull for presentation stuff.

like a pause button.
on - off for music or voice.
It would be fun to have a selection of "loaders" to pick from (if your not busy  )

Putting all these down into my wishlist :)

thanks for your great feedback!

#30 Gus Nalwan

Gus Nalwan

Advanced Member

• staff Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 10:01 AM

No I merely wanted to have each picture be a hyperlink to the actual full resolution picture. For example, there would be a radio button (in the publishing stage) that allows you to specify the URL of a picture. So the hyperlink for each photo would look link this:
http://mydomain.com/...me/myPixFolder/

I think this is a good idea.
We will strongly consider adding this feature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users